The ability of hackers to hijack cars' computer systems has been in the news recently. (Go here for instance.) Fiat Chrysler is recalling 1.4 vehicle susceptible to hacking. The recalled vehicles are in these models:
• 2013-2015 MY Dodge Viper specialty vehicles
• 2013-2015 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups
• 2013-2015 Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Chassis Cabs
• 2014-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Cherokee SUVs
• 2014-2015 Dodge Durango SUVs
• 2015 MY Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans
• 2015 Dodge Challenger sports coupes
Go here, where you can type in your vehicle's VIN to see if your vehicle is subject to the recall.
And read Mary Beth Quirk's article to learn all about the problem.