The following Federal Trade Commission services are NOT available during the shutdown:
- National Do Not Call Registry (For consumers)
- National Do Not Call Registry (For telemarketers)
- Consumer Sentinel Network (For law enforcement)
- Complaint Assistant (For filing consumer complaints)
- Identitytheft.gov (For consumers reporting ID theft)
- Econsumer.gov (For consumers reporting international complaints)
Public comments can be submitted, but the FTC will take no action on these comments until the government reopens.
Individuals can submit documents to be filed, but the FTC will take no action until the government reopens.
FOIA requests can be submitted, but they will not be processed until the government reopens.