The Federal Trade Commission has issued the National Do Not Call Registry Data Book for Fiscal Year 2016. Consumers can use the National Do Not Call Registry to choose not to receive telemarketing calls.
Now in its eighth year of publication, the Data Book contains a wealth of information about the Registry for FY 2016 (from October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016), including:
- The number of active registrations and consumer complaints since the Registry began in 2003;
- FY 2016 complaint figures by month and type;
- FY 2016 registration and complaint figures for all 50 states and the District of Columbia, by population;
- Rankings of the number of Do Not Call registrations, by state population;
- The number of entities accessing the Registry by fiscal year; and
- An appendix with registration and complaint figures organized by consumer state and area code.